Monday 27 January 2014

Look what I found! my exciting vintage find this week

We'll I suppose not everyone will find this as exciting as me - but I am sure there are a few pretty nostalgic people out there that will appreciate me sharing this with you.


Well a few weeks back I identified an old vintage baby food tin as one of my most favourite finds  and here is an explanation of why



  “This old battered tin was bought in a charity shop for £5.  It dates from the early 1920s and originally contained Allen and Hanbury's baby rusks. Old tins with paper coverings rarely survive, they were either disposed of or recycled after use and often the paper covering would have been soaked off and the tin decorated or labelled for another use.  I love the green colour and the photo of the beautiful contented baby, which obviously all babies which were fed on the rusks the box contained would look like!  It is vintage finds like these which make me really excited and provide a real tangible connection with the everyday past or ordinary people.  You can read more about my obsession with ephemera in issue 7.”


Any way!!!!!!! look what I found the other day on ebay!!!!!!

How special is this - a real vintage photo of a 1920's baby playing with a very similar tin!


This is what Pretty Nostalgic living is about for me - making tangible links with people from the past 

If you have had any such vintage discoveries do share them with me - I may even feature them in a future issue of Pretty Nostalgic magazine - I am excited by this now

Wishing you all a lovely week - and remember no matter how long the winter - spring is sure to follow xxxx

Nicole x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole, That is amazing! I just love things like that, I love the thought of the life an object has before you own it.
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete